ABOUT EXTERIOR PVC SHUTTERS
For an authentic look and maintenance-free option, PVC shutters add curb appeal and accentuate your windows with a historic quality. PVC won't split, rot or fade; saving you time and money with no annual up-keep.
Available in a variety of standard sizes and styles, our PVC shutters offer beautiful results at a fraction of the cost of traditional wood or fiberglass shutters.
- Attractive Dimension, Artful Design
- Paint to Match Your Existing Trim
- Custom Sizes & Styles Available
Start exploring the beauty of Exterior PVC Shutters and turn your ideas into a reality today!
Our PVC shutters are crafted using one of the most advanced building materials, Expanded Cellular PVC. Expanded Cellular PVC is a popular material to use for building materails as it gives the look of wood, without the maintance of wood. Read below for some of this materials highlights
ABOUT EXPANDED CELLULAR PVC
Made of cellular PVC that resists the tests of time and weather, our PVC products are the best high-performance product on the market. Choose from our inspired collection of PVC products to add elegant details in a variety of applications.
PVC IS BEAUTIFUL
While Expanded Cellular PVC readily accept paints and stains, it comes in a crisp, semi-matte white finish. Its profile is white throughout, and it's protected with UV inhibitors, making it resistant to fading or yellowing over time. And, with sealed edges, they are easier to clean even if it does get dirty.
PVC IS WORKABLE
Craft a work of art with materials that are easily milled, shaped, and moulded using standard woodworking tools. PVC can be routed and cut without chip outs, fastened close to edges without splits, and can easily be trimmed using standard woodworking tools. They're also easy to install, saving you time and labor costs.
PVC IS DURABLE
With our PVC products, you can feel confident your products will provide years of beauty. Cellular PVC offers superior dent and scratch resistance and is moisture and insect resistant as well. PVC's rigid make-up offers great protection and is suitable for ground and masonry contact. By following the recommended paint guides for PVC, it is ideal for interior and exterior applications.
PVC IS UNIFORM
Expanded PVC products are created from a high-density, rigid plastic-like material. It is rolled and pressed out into a form that can then be cut, drilled, machined, nailed, glued, and screwed just like wood, or metal.. It has superior screw and staple retention. The end result is a strong, low maintenance product.
WHAT ABOUT FINISHING PVC?
Painting PVC does not require painting for protection. Use paints that are 100% acrylic latex or acrylic latex with urethane additive. **CAUTION: PAINTING ANY CELLULAR PVC TRIM, DARK COLORS, CAN RESULT IN POOR PERFORMANCE AND WILL VOID THE WARRANTY. USE PAINTS WITH A LIGHT REFLECTIVE VALUE (LRV) OF 55 UNITS OR GREATER.
- Options for Dark Colors Consult AquaSur Tech OEM or Blue River Coatings on "heat reflective" paints in applications where the paint color has an LRV value less than 55 units. When using paints, the liability of performance rests with the paint manufacturer. "Heat reflective" paints with an LRV between 45 and 55 have proven successful in the field.
- Tips on Painting: To obtain adequate paint adhesion, be sure the surface of the PVC millwork product is clean, dry and free of dirt, loose or peeling paint, mildew, chalk, grease and any other surface contaminants before applying paint. Use a mild detergent(Spic 'n Span®) and water or denatured alcohol for cleaning.
- Paint can take up to 30 days to fully cure depending on outside temperatures and humidity conditions.
- Follow the paint manufacturer's surface preparation and application recommendations.
- Before painting, remove any mold or mildew using a mixture of three parts water and two parts bleach.
- If you paint PVC a dark color, you must first remove it before applying a lighter color paint with an LRV of 55 units or greater.
- Paint life is longer when applied to PVC versus wood due to the absence of moisture in our trim.
- Cleaning PVC will not support mold and mildew growth. (ASTM G-21-96)
- If products get dirty, clean with products like Soft Scrub® with Bleach, Spic 'n Span®, Clorox® Regular Bleach, Clorox® CleanUp®, Clorox® Outdoor Bleach Cleaner, OxiClean™, or Corte Clean. Use a nylon brush for stubborn stains. Use 320 grit sand paper to reduce cell size on cut edges of boards.
- Test any cleaner on an inconspicuous area before use. Storage and Handling.
- Store PVC on a flat level surface as it has a tendency to conform to the surface on which it is stored.
- Handle PVC as you would a premium lumber to avoid damage.
- Keep PVC free of dirt and debris. Clean after installation as described above.
- Do not store or place on asphalt or in areas prone to excessive heat build-up.
- Moisture: PVC can be installed at or below grade, as it does not absorb moisture. PVC is perfect for use in moisture-prone applications such as garage door jambs, column wraps, ground contact, masonry contact, hot tub surrounds, and at rooflines.
SHUTTER HARDWARE & ACCESSORIES
Get your project done right. We offer a complete collection of products like starter strips, corners, and insulation that will help you complete your project successfully, from start to finish.