Why Expanded Cellular PVC?
Expanded Cellular PVC is moisture and insect resistant, while still featuring the real cedar look and woodworking characteristics a fine builder or craftsman desires. The results is a product limited only by your imagination.
Expanded Cellular PVC is an ideal product for moisture sensitive areas, including those along coastal zones or regions affected by salt and high humidity.
Most of the problems associated with wood trims are eliminated with Expanded Cellular PVC. No more warping, cupping, or splitting - just fine millwork with high aesthetic value for years to come.
About Expanded Cellular PVC
Made of cellular PVC that resists the tests of time and weather, our PVC products are the best high-performance product on the market. Choose from our inspired collection of PVC products to add elegant details in a variety of applications.
PVC IS BEAUTIFUL
While Expanded Cellular PVC readily accept paints and stains, it comes in a crisp, semi-matte white finish. Its profile is white throughout, and it's protected with UV inhibitors, making it resistant to fading or yellowing over time. And, with sealed edges, they are easier to clean even if it does get dirty.
PVC IS WORKABLE
Craft a work of art with materials that are easily milled, shaped, and moulded using standard woodworking tools. PVC can be routed and cut without chip outs, fastened close to edges without splits, and can easily be trimmed using standard woodworking tools. They're also easy to install, saving you time and labor costs.
PVC IS DURABLE
With our PVC products, you can feel confident your work will not rot, cup, split, twist or warp. It's moisture and insect resistant, doesn't require paint for protection, and suitable for ground and masonry contact. That promise is backed by a manufacturers 25-year limited warranty.
PVC IS UNIFORM
With consistent density, color, and square edges, all of our PVC products provide a uniform, architectural, aesthetic.
What about finishing PVC?
Painting PVC does not require painting for protection. Use paints that are 100% acrylic latex or acrylic latex with urethane additive. **CAUTION: PAINTING ANY CELLULAR PVC TRIM, DARK COLORS, CAN RESULT IN POOR PERFORMANCE AND WILL VOID THE WARRANTY. USE PAINTS WITH A LIGHT REFLECTIVE VALUE (LRV) OF 55 UNITS OR GREATER.
- Options for Dark Colors Consult AquaSur Tech OEM or Blue River Coatings on "heat reflective" paints in applications where the paint color has an LRV value less than 55 units. When using paints, the liability of performance rests with the paint manufacturer. "Heat reflective" paints with an LRV between 45 and 55 have proven successful in the field.
- Tips on Painting: To obtain adequate paint adhesion, be sure the surface of the PVC millwork product is clean, dry and free of dirt, loose or peeling paint, mildew, chalk, grease and any other surface contaminants before applying paint. Use a mild detergent(Spic 'n Span®) and water or denatured alcohol for cleaning.
- Paint can take up to 30 days to fully cure depending on outside temperatures and humidity conditions.
- Follow the paint manufacturer's surface preparation and application recommendations.
- Before painting, remove any mold or mildew using a mixture of three parts water and two parts bleach.
- If you paint PVC a dark color, you must first remove it before applying a lighter color paint with an LRV of 55 units or greater.
- Paint life is longer when applied to PVC versus wood due to the absence of moisture in our trim.
- Cleaning PVC will not support mold and mildew growth. (ASTM G-21-96)
- If products get dirty, clean with products like Soft Scrub® with Bleach, Spic 'n Span®, Clorox® Regular Bleach, Clorox® CleanUp®, Clorox® Outdoor Bleach Cleaner, OxiClean™, or Corte Clean. Use a nylon brush for stubborn stains. Use 320 grit sand paper to reduce cell size on cut edges of boards.
- Test any cleaner on an inconspicuous area before use. Storage and Handling.
- Store PVC on a flat level surface as it has a tendency to conform to the surface on which it is stored.
- Handle PVC as you would a premium lumber to avoid damage.
- Keep PVC free of dirt and debris. Clean after installation as described above.
- Do not store or place on asphalt or in areas prone to excessive heat build-up.
- Moisture: PVC can be installed at or below grade, as it does not absorb moisture. PVC is perfect for use in moisture-prone applications such as garage door jambs, column wraps, ground contact, masonry contact, hot tub surrounds, and at rooflines.
Utilizing innovative polymer material with an expanded cellular structure, our line of Architectural Grade PVC products look and feel like wood, but has none of the natural disadvantages that wood comes with. This broad product line stands up to harsh weather, resist stains, scratches and fading, doesn’t require annual sealing, resists mold, mildew, and moisture damage, and can be easily installed with simple wood-working tools. If you are looking for a low-maintenance product that has the warmth of classic wood millwork, Architectural Grade PVC millwork is the perfect fit for you. Project-perfect products at off-the-shelf pricing.